Understanding Page Download Times in eValid

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

Understanding Page Download Times in eValid

Postby FelixL » Thu May 19, 2022 10:40 am

Hi.

Can you explain to me about understanding page download times in eValid

Thanks
FelixL

Re: Understanding Page Download Times in eValid

Postby eValid » Fri May 20, 2022 7:40 am

FelixL wrote:Hi.

Can you explain to me about understanding page download times in eValid

Thanks

Thanks for asking about that FelixL.

There is a common misconception that timing the download times of a webpage is based on entering the URL on the address bar and seeing the "Done" status message from the browser.

Unfortunately, appearance of Done in the browser status bar doesn't always mean "done".

Understanding how download times are measured in eValid is critical to a better understanding of the performance of a website that is being tested with eValid.

The download times measured by eValid during the playback process is very precise.

It is based on the arrival of an internal "Page Complete" signal from the browser navigation, which is issued by eValid, not by the issuance of "Done" status message usually seen in the lower left hand side of a browser.

The "visual front-end" appearance of the page currently being rendered does NOT imply that the page being navigated to has completely loaded.

Depending on the page, you'll see part of it visually several seconds before the page is fully loaded.

The reason why eValid reports a download time in the log files that may appear longer than the "visual front-end appearance time" is that eValid waits for all page components to complete downloading before stopping the timer -- i.e., when the "Page Complete" signal is received.

For example, this background process may involve downloading often lengthy *.js or *.css files or downloading of images that aren't needed for the "visual front-end" to show on the browser face.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons