How many eValid BUs can I get in LoadTest mode?

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

How many eValid BUs can I get in LoadTest mode?

Postby Darrenn » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:55 pm

I have a Java Applet that keeps a complex internal state, so I can't use eVlite. In that case, how many eValid BUs can I get in LoadTest mode?
Darrenn

Re: How many eValid BUs can I get in LoadTest mode?

Postby eValid » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:34 am

Darrenn wrote:I have a Java Applet that keeps a complex internal state, so I can't use eVlite. In that case, how many eValid BUs can I get in LoadTest mode?
Java Applets -- as with other types of opaque objects that require desktop access to operate -- do cause limits to how many BUs and eValid LoadTest Run can handle.

The problem is, if you are running two [or more] such scripts in parallel, when both of them need the desktop they can both get it...but usually this means that one script or the other sends desktop messages to the wrong window. As you might imagine, chaos results.

eValid has a Lock/Unlock command that can be used in all parallel-executing playback scripts to take exclusive control of the desktop (Lock), allow the current script to do the desktop actions needed, and release the desktop for other scripts to use (Unlock). If another script playback asks for the Lock and the desktop is reserved, then that playback waits until the Lock is released by an Unlock.

This solution (it's actually a "mutex" operation) works perfectly well, but it does have the limitation that is may unnaturally slow down the total progress of the load test scenario due to the necessary serialization of all of those playbacks that need the desktop.

Bottom line: You probably have to reduce the total number of BUs per desktop to about 10-20 total, vs. the 100+ that you get with "desktop safe"
scripts (those that don't need the desktop at all).

eValid Support Team
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons