Server Loading

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

Server Loading

Postby gaizha » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:51 pm

The idea of running multiple browser is a clever one.

But I have two questions?

(1) How long does it actually TAKE to launch an eValid copy and get the
first command run?

(2) How do I fix it so that if I do start up 80-120 browsers that they all
start playing back at the same time?
gaizha

Re: Server Loading

Postby eValid » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:58 am

gaizha wrote:The idea of running multiple browser is a clever one.

But I have two questions?

(1) How long does it actually TAKE to launch an eValid copy and get the
first command run?

(2) How do I fix it so that if I do start up 80-120 browsers that they all
start playing back at the same time?

Great questions...

(1) For a Windows XP with a reasonably fast CPU and hard drive, it takes about one second to launch an eValid. Actually it is a bit less if you use the THIN option -- the eValid playback only engine that is part of the LOAD feature set. But figure 1 second per load as a good average.

For other OSs we have seen it take less time and take more time. "Your mileage may vary" is the watchword here.

(2) That's simple.

To coordinate multiple eValid instances so that they all start running at the same time one way is to put a WaitModMM command in each script -- usually somewhere at the top. This command waits until the current machine clock minute count reaches a value that, modulo the specified interval, has a remainder of zero. (That's what modulo means...)

For example, if all of the scripts have the command "WaitModMM 5" then they will all execute up that point and then wait until the next instand with the minute hand on the clock points to 0, 5, 10, ... In other words, until the minute count module 5 equals zero. Then that instance of eValid continues to play back.

If you have 100 of these running in parallel you can expect to have all of your eValid copies starting up within a few milliseconds of each other.

The eValid Team.
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons