Save Screens...

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

Save Screens...

Postby wqcom » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:16 pm

I've seen some "cloud testing" offerings that claim they can save a screen shot
for every step along the way and I'm wondering if YOU guys have an easy way to do that!
wqcom

Re: Save Screens...

Postby eValid » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:38 am

wqcom wrote:I've seen some "cloud testing" offerings that claim they can save a screen shot for every step along the way and I'm wondering if YOU guys have an easy way to do that!

Saving screen images is very easy with eValid.

There are two commands you can use to do this: SaveWindow and SaveWindowFace. They both will write the contents of the current window or just the window face (what is in the browser minus the border) to a local file.

Note that these commands let you specify the "window id" -- the "wid" parameter -- so you can save the parent window or any child window contents you want.

There's a simple, easy-to-use file naming convention that pivots on the name of the script file that is being played. This makes it very simple to keep track of what's what in case you're in monitoring mode [repeated playback at a regular interval].

--The eValid Team
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons