Running Multiple eValid Copies on One Machine

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

Running Multiple eValid Copies on One Machine

Postby yyscript » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Can you explain some more about what the limits are for running multiple eValid copies on one machine? I mean, don't you run out of input/output capacity after running 10 or 20 or thirty or what?
yyscript

Re: Running Multiple eValid Copies on One Machine

Postby eValid » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:54 am

yyscript wrote:Can you explain some more about what the limits are for running multiple eValid copies on one machine? I mean, don't you run out of input/output capacity after running 10 or 20 or thirty or what?

Actually, the machine resource you run out of first, when you ramp up the number of copies of eValid running in parallel, is RAM.

Beyond about 20 eValid's in parallel you need to make some "machine adjustments," by which is meant that you need to go into the registry and change the size of the heap space and some other OS-internal properties. Once that's done you will be able to get 100+ eValid's -- and maybe a lot more.

From what we've seen, you don't run out of input/output bandwidth at all -- with the exception of playback scripts that do a VERY large amount of file downloading. In most cases you are out of RAM, have the CPU hitting 100% some of the time, and you have only 10% of the I/O used.

The eValid Support Crew
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons