Automate Functional Regression Test Cases

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

Automate Functional Regression Test Cases

Postby isp9 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:24 pm

What I need is a tool to automate functional regression test cases for a web based product. I also need to do performance testing. We sell tickets, so the performance tests will need to support about 1500 end-to-end transactions a minute. How can we do this with evalid?
isp9

Re: Automate Functional Regression Test Cases

Postby eValid » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:34 pm

isp9 wrote:What I need is a tool to automate functional regression test cases for a web based product. I also need to do performance testing. We sell tickets, so the performance tests will need to support about 1500 end-to-end transactions a minute. How can we do this with evalid?

This should be simple enough.

First, build up your regression test and make sure it has a robust set of validations (so it is a GOOD regression test).

Second, try it out in a 10-wide, 20-wide, 50-wide, 100-wide, and then 150-wide LoadTest scenario on one machine. (150 simultaneous eValid's using the THINK playback mode may be a practical limit for a relatively standard PC). Use a large script repeat count so once started your emulate users will all run for some time.

Then, run the same secenario on 1, 2, 3, ... 10 machines with a simple ramp up schedule using resources from the cloud. We currently use the EC2 resource.

There, you have 1,500 copies of that script playing simultaneously. That ought to stress your servers quite nicely!

The eValid Team
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons