Need my tests immune to other browsers interfering in tests

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

Need my tests immune to other browsers interfering in tests

Postby StanleyB » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi.

I have a situation in which I need to prevent other instances of eValid from interfering with my current instance, what do I do?

Thanks
StanleyB

Re: Need my tests immune to other browsers interfering in te

Postby eValid » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:53 pm

StanleyB wrote:Hi.

I have a situation in which I need to prevent other instances of eValid from interfering with my current instance, what do I do?

Thanks

Thanks for posting.

Some test scenarios do, indeed, require multiple simultaneous eValid executions on the desktop.

And, as you know, there is only one desktop and so if two scripts both need to use the desktop, perhaps to handle some modal dialog, you do have a potential problem.

The computer science guys call this a "deadly embrace". A is waiting for B which is waiting for A which is waiting for B, etc.

eValid provides a script capability to do a mutex (mutual exclusion) operation with the Lock and Unlock commands.

Here is the manual page:

http://www.evalid.us/Products/Documenta ... nlock.html

It is generally a good idea to use the Lock N version of this command, with N set to be 100,000 msec, i.e. 100 sec, as follows:

Lock 100000

This usually prevents a deadly embrace among Lock/Unlock commands.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons