Load test a shopping site

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

Load test a shopping site

Postby damos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Let's say I want to load test a shopping site with hundreds of catalog pages. I want to test all the pages, but I don't want to manually record each page individually. How does eValid help me do that?
damos

Re: Load test a shopping site

Postby eValid » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:38 pm

The basic method to use here is to (1) parameterize the script and (2) create parameter value assignments that test each page in your catalog.

The details will vary, naturally enough, with how your catalog system works, but let's assume you have a search capability that can look up an item by its SKU (stock keeping unit) number.

The main parameter to your script then is the specific SKU. So you record your script "from life" and then substitute the SKU you used in your recording with $SKU.

Now, if you invoke eValid with $SKU set to any value, then eValid will find that value automatially. In functional/regression you can use Data Synthesis:

http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Documentation.9/Generate/synthesize.data.html

This method works in LoadTest mode also, but you may wish to break up your lists of SKUs into smaller pieces in that case, so you spread the load as evenly as possible.

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons