How big a machine should I get?

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

How big a machine should I get?

Postby theus » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:18 am

In server loading, if I don't want to make use of cloud resources, how big a machine should I get?
theus

Re: How big a machine should I get?

Postby eValid » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:51 am

theus wrote:In server loading, if I don't want to make use of cloud resources, how big a machine should I get?

We get very good results of 100+ Browser Users (BUs) with medium XP, Vista, or Windows 7 machines with 3+ GBytes of RAM. This doesn't have to be a cloud image, but it could be if you wish. An ordinary office machine will do just fine.

The important change to make from the machine's out of the box settings is outlined in the eValid documentation, and involves adjusting executional priority, GDI count, heap space, and some other internal parameters.

For runs that require 1,000 BUs we generally use the Hi-CPU, Hi-Memory machine from the Amazon Compute Cloud (EC2) because we only need that resource for a few hours or days, and such beefy machines are more expensive that ordinary office machines.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons