Do you have a way to generate a set of records?

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

Do you have a way to generate a set of records?

Postby arubai » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Do you have a way to generate a set of records of 100's or 1,000's of playbacks so that I can get the response time data for one step in my playback easily?
arubai

Re: Do you have a way to generate a set of records?

Postby eValid » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:36 am

arubai wrote:Do you have a way to generate a set of records of 100's or 1,000's of playbacks so that I can get the response time data for one step in my playback easily?
Yes, eValid has some architectural advantages that make this fairly easy to do.

Remember that eValid input and output is always via "simple files" and that this is done to create the maximum degree of flexibility.

Let's say you know the specific start and end points in your script that you want to time? Your script then has a ResetTimer and ElapsedTime command that brackets the desired interval.

As you know, the ElapsedTime command will then send the timing data that shows how long it was since the last ResetTimer command into the EventLog.

But, if you ALSO use the SaveRecord command with the %f parameter this same time will be written to the named local file. What's even sweeter is that this operation is done in "write/append" mode, so that you just keep adding data to that file.

If you are running 100's or 1,000's of BUs then this data creates the base of performance data that you can use to study response time growth. All of the output from multiple runs goes into the same file.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons