Where's eValid on the "Cloud Bandwagon"?

Use and application of the eValid server loading (LoadTest) capability. And in the cloud computing context for monitoring and loading.

Where's eValid on the "Cloud Bandwagon"?

Postby webtestgadfly » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:13 am

Just idly wondering, where is eValid on the "cloud bandwagon"?

I mean, you see all this talk about Cloud Computing and it would seem to me to be pretty obvious that your solution -- the loading part in particular -- would make the potential leverage of a "cloud solution" very attractive to your users.

So what's up with eValid on the Cloud?

-The Gadfly
webtestgadfly

Re: Where's eValid on the "Cloud Bandwagon"?

Postby eValid » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:41 pm

webtestgadfly wrote:Just idly wondering, where is eValid on the "cloud bandwagon"?

I mean, you see all this talk about Cloud Computing and it would seem to me to be pretty obvious that your solution -- the loading part in particular -- would make the potential leverage of a "cloud solution" very attractive to your users.

-The Gadfly

Thanks for asking. I think if you "stay tuned" you'll see some announcements about eValid support for Cloud Computing in the near future.

There seem to be two major thrusts on this: Charging for eValid use by the test, and charging for use of eValid on a "virtual machine" -- i.e. an instance of a windows OS with eValid active on it -- by the hour. There are pros and cons on both approaches, and one possibility is that you would be able to chose either way.

Of note perhaps is that several monitoring forms have been using eValid "commercial licenses" for many years to run functional tests on a regular basis -- and they do this at a very low cost per test basis.

In this same vein, you might want to be on the lookout for changes to eValid's PerformanceTest project parameters -- again, to take advantage of the availablity of cloud instances of high-capacity machine.

-The eValid Team
eValid

Postby webtestgadfly » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:50 am

eValid wrote:
webtestgadfly wrote:Just idly wondering, where is eValid on the "cloud bandwagon"?

-The Gadfly

Thanks for asking. I think if you "stay tuned" you'll see some announcements about eValid support for Cloud Computing in the near future.

There seem to be two major thrusts on this: Charging for eValid use by the test, and charging for use of eValid on a "virtual machine" -- i.e. an instance of a windows OS with eValid active on it -- by the hour. There are pros and cons on both approaches, and one possibility is that you would be able to chose either way.

Of note perhaps is that several monitoring forms have been using eValid "commercial licenses" for many years to run functional tests on a regular basis -- and they do this at a very low cost per test basis.

In this same vein, you might want to be on the lookout for changes to eValid's PerformanceTest project parameters -- again, to take advantage of the availablity of cloud instances of high-capacity machine.

Ok, been looking, not seeing much. Any estimates?

-TG
-The eValid Team
webtestgadfly

Postby eValid » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:55 am

Well, thanks for asking.

Right now eValid is available on the Windows platform, and it appears that the Amazon folks are saying it will be September (or Septemberish) before they can offer Windows images. So we're on hold till then -- or until some other Cloud Computing company comes forward.

Keep watching this topic...we'll let you know!

-The eValid Team
eValid

Postby eValid » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:20 pm

Sorry, keep checking.

eValid will have some announcements about Cloud Computing support in the near future.
eValid

Postby eValid » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Look for an announcement about eValid in the Cloud in a couple of weeks!

-eValid
eValid

Return to Performance/Load Testing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons