How can eValid tell me when a new value arrives?

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

How can eValid tell me when a new value arrives?

Postby frgd » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:50 pm

My AJAX application updates various values inside my page. How can eValid tell me when a new value arrives?
frgd

Re: How can eValid tell me when a new value arrives?

Postby eValid » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:07 am

frgd wrote:My AJAX application updates various values inside my page. How can eValid tell me when a new value arrives?

You have two ways to do that: either detect when a current value changes or detect when a new value arrives.

In either case, you DO have to know the value you are leaving OR the value you are expecting.

The commands eValid uses for this kind of synchronization activity would be either SyncOnSelectedObjProperty or SyncNotOnSelectedObjProperty, which is the first command's inverse. Both of these have three variations you can use, depending on the specifics of your situation.

For the "waiting for a value to show up" case (the first one) you need to know where to pivot the synchronization, and what to be watching for.

For the "waiting for a value to go away" case (the second one) you need to know where to pivot the synchronization, and what the value is that you are waiting to change.

(Obviously if the old and new values are the same -- which is possible depending on the way the application is set up, but we can't imagine a useful purpose for that -- then neither command would apply. But then, you don't need them because nothing changed.)

eValid Technical Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons