Solving a column name text issue for my test to succeed

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

Solving a column name text issue for my test to succeed

Postby RalphM » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Evening,

Sorry for the late post but this problem has been giving me no end of trouble.

I am trying to get column name text for a given table name.

Can eValid help me to do this?

Thanks
RalphM

Re: Solving a column name text issue for my test to succeed

Postby eValid » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:01 pm

RalphM wrote:Evening,

Sorry for the late post but this problem has been giving me no end of trouble.

I am trying to get column name text for a given table name.

Can eValid help me to do this?

Thanks

Interesting question RalphM.

This basically means that you have to do a multi-level search in the DOM for a particular table entry.

We see this fairly often and the key thing to remember is that the DOM index numbers are monotonic increasing down the page (that's mathematical lingo for always getting larger starting from the upper left of the page as it is rendered).

By implication then, you find the outermost element first, then the next (large index value) one, and so forth.

You already know about the key command:

IndexFindElement wid { UP | DOWN } "property_name" ["property_value"] "frame_path"

This will start the search at the current setting of sourceIndex, which is defaulted to zero, but which can be set with the command:

IndexMove number

where if you use number = 1 the index will be incremented by one.

You do this after you have found the first match and before you start the search for the second match, unless you are sure that the second match is NOT on the same index your first match was found on.

In any case, you can write a sequence of such searches that, assuming that everything exists and that the DOM is not being dynamically updated, will leave your script at a point where "sourceIndex" points to the desired target element.

OK?

If not, let us know.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons