Screen is too small and my recorded XY events may not work

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

Screen is too small and my recorded XY events may not work

Postby Kristoph » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:50 pm

My Event Log says that my screen is too small and my recorded XY events may not work. What does that mean?
Kristoph

Re: Screen is too small and my recorded XY events may not wo

Postby eValid » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:23 am

Kristoph wrote:My Event Log says that my screen is too small and my recorded XY events may not work. What does that mean?
When eValid makes a recording it writes down the screen size you've used.

If you take advantage of eValid's desktop commands, which operate in screen location coordinates, then a recorded command may include x,y offsets from the upper left corner of the screen.

Since you're making the recording on a screen that is already "big enough" that command will work find -- on that machine.

But all of the commands that evalid has that use x,y coordinates check the declared screen size and if the x,y coordinates fall outside the screen you get a warning. Which is really more of a STRONG warning, because very likely that x,y located action will be outside the [at playback time, on a smaller screen] the available area.

In other words, eValid can't click at a location that doesn't exist.

Hence the warning.

Our practice is to always make recordings on a machine that has the smallest size screen on which you may attempt playback. That assures there'll be no x,y actions that are outside an equal or larger screen.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons