Record an application built on J2EE, DOJO & AJAX technology

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

Record an application built on J2EE, DOJO & AJAX technology

Postby CDrake » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:52 pm

I want to record an application built on J2EE, DOJO & AJAX technology.

Requirement is after submission of each order I want to capture the "order number" displaying in front end and store in a flat file.

How can I do this?
CDrake

Re: Record an application built on J2EE, DOJO & AJAX technol

Postby eValid » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:29 am

CDrake wrote:I want to record an application built on J2EE, DOJO & AJAX technology.

Requirement is after submission of each order I want to capture the "order number" displaying in front end and store in a flat file.

How can I do this?
That the application is built and served on those technologies is unimportant in how to do what you want with eValid. Everything in the eValid system is oriented to the client-side view.

The order number is displayed on the browser face after submission, and what you need to do is find the order number, scrape it from the screen, and store it locally.

Here are the steps for eValid to do this:

(1) Identify property values for the element that contains the string that is displayed as the order number on the screen. You can do this easily with the PageMap display, which reflects ths post-submission screen. Look for some specific and hopefully unique feature of that element that will always be present -- one that is unlikely to change from order to order. This would be the pivot of your script when it searches the page to retrieve the data.

If the element has a unique ID tag value, you're in luck.

If not, you will need to search for some other associated unique identifier. Maybe the innerHTML value or some other property. Here's where you get to be creative!

(2) In your eValid script, at the point after which the page containing the order number is ready to process, set up a search using the IndexFindElement command to locate the element which has the exact property you identified as unique to that data delivery point.

At this point, in playback, the internal sourceIndex will be pointing to that element.

(3) Now, use the IndexSaveObjProperty command to save the value of the specific property value that is the "order number" to a local file that you name in the command.

If you wish to further process this number, now that is captured into a local file, you can run a local Windows command using eValid's SystemCall command.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons