Limitations on Validation

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

Limitations on Validation

Postby solu » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:36 am

I know that eValid has a lot of built in validation tests, but are there any limits that you know of?

For example, if I want to validate a number of DOM element property = value facts, can eValid do this?
solu

Re: Limitations on Validation

Postby eValid » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:10 am

solu wrote:I know that eValid has a lot of built in validation tests, but are there any limits that you know of?

For example, if I want to validate a number of DOM element property = value facts, can eValid do this?

Yes, you can do that.

There is a special command called "ValidateSelectedObjProperty" that can validate the value of ANY property in the current page.

There are three variations of this command, based on whether you know the ID-tag value of the element which contains [or is supposed to contain] the attribute whose value you're trying to validate.

If you do know the value of the ID-tag then in case the particular element has "moved around" on the page due to dynamic updates of the page the eValid system will search for that ID-tag and apply the validation to that element -- even if it was different from the last time.

This is the "adaptive playback feature" and it is a real advantage when you are trying to validate facts about a page that changes, as is the case of a lot of AJAX or other dynamic applications.

--The eValid Team
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons