JavaScript

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

JavaScript

Postby madinlee » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:08 am

How is a cookie that is assigned a value created in JavaScript? I've been reading about JavaScript cookies. But I am still not sure of a few things. I need a cookie, created in Java, that takes a variable that had been set already in another Java Script, and places it into a cookie that is good for the session only.
madinlee

Re: JavaScript

Postby eValid » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:35 pm

madinlee wrote:How is a cookie that is assigned a value created in JavaScript? I've been reading about JavaScript cookies. But I am still not sure of a few things. I need a cookie, created in JavaScript, that takes a variable that had been set already in another Java Script, and places it into a cookie that is good for the session only.

This question actually concerns how to create a web page with certain kinds of JavaScript effects and that is probably better asked elsewhere in terms of the specifics of JavaScript operation.

From the eValid "we're going to test your web application" perspective there are two important points:

(1) A cookie written to a file can be used in another session, and eValid has a DeleteCookies command to remove such a cookie if that is needed to assure that your test plays back OK.

(2) A session cookie, which is stored in an internal state in the browser (for example, as the value of a JavaScript variable). These stay "live" as long as the browser session is active; the only want to delete them is to close the browser and restart it.

From eValid's perspective the main issue is to preserve browser state accurately and reliably and the built-in capability does this very well!

-The eValid Team
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons