Grabbing A Dynamic Variable

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

Grabbing A Dynamic Variable

Postby 2denver » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 am

My application updates via some AJAX push/pull logic, and I want to know when a particular attribute on the page takes on a present value. Can eValid do this?
2denver

Re: Grabbing A Dynamic Variable

Postby eValid » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:17 pm

2denver wrote:My application updates via some AJAX push/pull logic, and I want to know when a particular attribute on the page takes on a present value. Can eValid do this?

Yes you can.

As you clearly know, the AJAX processing often involves dynamically updating DOM values and eValid has some special DOM read/write/sync commands that pivot off these values. For example, the "SyncOnSelectedObjProperty" command delays playback until the specified DOM element attribute takes on the user-specified value, repeating the attempt continuously up to the current synchronization time limit.

This command typically runs at a maximum rate of 100 Hz, so your synchronization level is 0.01 seconds. The rate can be set lower if you want to minimize the overhead (for example, if you expect to have a large number of eValid instances running at one time).

The eValid PageMap feature is handy in helping find the elements to check and the names of the properties/attributes in the element to look for.

--The eValid Team
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons