I've got a script that used to work, but now it fails?

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

I've got a script that used to work, but now it fails?

Postby tBrenden » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:54 pm

I've got a script that used to work, but now it fails? Same application, same OS, same everything. Any suggestions?
tBrenden

Re: I've got a script that used to work, but now it fails?

Postby eValid » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Well, something changed, that's for sure. If you've eliminated the OS, the installation location, and the contents of the Cache, and you still don't see what has changed, then you have to look inside the page at which the change was sensed.

Run your script in single-step mode and watch the EventLog carefully. Once you see a FAIL in the EventLog you know which command (user action) triggered the failure.

THAT page, the one on which you took an action that caused the FAIL, is the culprit.

We see this a lot...and people complain "There must be something wrong with eValid because this test used to work and now it fails" and in EVERY case we've ever had like this there was someting in the page that changed.

Some common culprits -- this list can be very long! A new line was added somewhere to the page and the old address of a JavaScript-supported element has changed? The target of a FollowLink changed too much for the Adaptive Playback feature to overcome the change? A critical item of content has a leading or trailing blank added at the HTML level (you can only see this at the PageMap
view of the page, and this can be very subtle!). And so forth.

In 99% of the cases when some says that eValid is at fault....well, it turns out NOT to be. Trust us!

eValid Fucntional Test Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons