Why my AJAX page does not sync every time

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

Why my AJAX page does not sync every time

Postby sZackary » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Can you tell me more about why my AJAX page does not sync every time?
sZackary

Re: Why my AJAX page does not sync every time

Postby eValid » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:23 pm

The short answers: (1) Something changed in the page or (2) something is going slower than it did during your recording session.

Here's more detail about (2). Forum readers will know that (1) is a regression, that's a different group on this Forum.

Remember, AJAX implies that there is asynchronous communication between the client browser and the server. When you make a recording, you naturally slow down waiting for the next page to arrive, so you can take the next action. eValid records that "think time" and plays it back
correctly.

But if at some point in the future you play back the script and the server runs slower, then there is a chance that some part of some page didn't get downloaded in time. So eValid, not knowing that per se may play back past that point, and your playback will de-synchronize.

If you recorded your script with the sync/act/wait protocol then you will never have this problem because your script will be fully self synchronizing.

A neat way to tell if you've nailed the sync is to set the Delay Multiplier to 0 and let the playback run at "full speed." If it works, you're not in need of any additional sync steps. CONGRATULATIONS!

eValid Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons