What if I send an element click to the wrong frame?

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

What if I send an element click to the wrong frame?

Postby Caseys » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:05 pm

What if I send an element click to the wrong frame? I mean, I was supposed to send it to frams "number:0" but by mistake I sent it to frame " "? What happens in this case?
Caseys

Re: What if I send an element click to the wrong frame?

Postby eValid » Mon May 06, 2013 6:29 am

Good question.

When evalid uses frame "number:0" the element click is sent to the basic parent frame of the framset you have in your window.

However, when you send an element click to frame "" or " ", the assumption is that this is the parent window (not theparent frame in the frameset). eValid distinguishes the case when the page has frames and not. The notation "" or " " means "No Frames".

If the page has changed, for example from one with NO frames to one WITH frames, you would not want eValid to fail to notice this by automatically assuming you meant to send the event to the main frame in the frameset. The page changed, the test is supposed to FAIL.

eValid is a regression/validation engine, it's important to remember. It's goal is to detect change, not to cover changes up. Even if that was possible.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons