I need to find a specific "target" button on my page ..

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

I need to find a specific "target" button on my page ..

Postby Chang123 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:59 pm

I need to find a specific "target" button on my webpage, which is just to the left of the fill-in-area.

Can eValid help with this?

Cheers!
Chang123

Re: I need to find a specific "target" button on my page ..

Postby eValid » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:41 am

That's not a lot of information, but here is the general approach (making some guesses as to what you are trying to do)...

First, be aware of the complexity of some web pages. The variations are mind-bending. But what you see in terms of structure of a page will show you a button and let's assume that's the one you have in mind, and upon which you want to take a specific action.

With the page in question in the eValid browser, launch (start) the PageMap and turn it on. When it's on a right click on the page will navigate the page map to the correct location in the Document Object Model (DOM) of the page. The PageMap will show you key attributes/properties of the element where you did your right-click.

Now, if you have the specific spot (your "target" button), then you're done. Otherwise you'll have to move up and down on the page to find the right location. Once you have it, you need to note the sourceIndex of that element.

Once you know the source index then eValid can send a variety of signals to that element. Here is the manual page for eValid's Index Element Event command.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons