Can eValid show me the HTML that exist AFTER ..

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

Can eValid show me the HTML that exist AFTER ..

Postby Iching » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:18 am

Can eValid show me the HTML that exist AFTER a bunch of AJAX actions?

Thanks!
Iching

Re: Can eValid show me the HTML that exist AFTER ..

Postby eValid » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:53 am

Yes, there is a special command in eValid that lets you save the complete HTML in the current screen.

The command has two variants: SaveHTML and SaveFullHTML. The first saves the "raw" HTML as it was sent to the browser, and the second option saves the fully rendered HTML as derived from the DOM after all page components are downloaded and processed. In both commands you specify a local filename along with the window identified and any frame path details that tell eValid what part of the screen to save and where to put it.

There may be differences in these two outputs...some experimentation is suggested to help you select the right option.

The requirement to show the HTML that exists AFTER AJAX actions adds an addiitional twist. You have to make sure your AJAX is fully done, and that may require a synchronization step, of where there are many available in eValid.

A final cautionary note: Some AJAX pages are never fully stable, so the output from the SaveHTML... command may have some variable content, depending on where the internal AJAX processing of data is read.

eValid Team
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons