eValid playback getting out of sync

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

eValid playback getting out of sync

Postby StevenC » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Hiya support:

OK, so I've got this eValid recording of my AJAX application but I know from running the test a couple of times that eValid gets out of sync...not every time, but sometimes.

How do I find out which parts of my script cause a de-sync?

Thanks
StevenC

Re: eValid playback getting out of sync

Postby eValid » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:00 am

StevenC wrote:Hiya support:

OK, so I've got this eValid recording of my AJAX application but I know from running the test a couple of times that eValid gets out of sync...not every time, but sometimes.

How do I find out which parts of my script cause a de-sync?

Thanks

Thanks for asking StevenC.

That's actually an easy one.

Just adjust the wait time multiplier to 0. That way, all of the natural Waits that eValid recorded into your script will be zeroed out.

eValid will try to fire recorded actions into the browser as fast as it can, relying for synchornization only those internal syncs that assume a non-AJAX application.

When eValid gets out of sync because some AJAX activity is running too fast for eValid to keep up, then you'll start to see errors.

Remember, probably only the FIRST error will be meaningful...after the first error in playback usually the rest of the script is entirely nonsensical.

Concentrate on THAT spot. Add in an AJAX synchronization step using eValid: Validate > & Synchronize > Text String

Keep on doing that for all of the breaking points and you've got yourself a very strong test script.

Here for your reference is a summary of ALL of eValid's playback synchronization modes:

http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Documen ... mmary.html

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons