How to validate a tool point

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

How to validate a tool point

Postby CelesteP » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:13 pm

Evening.

Sorry for the late posting, but this problem seems to be a "prickly" one.

How can I validate the content of a "tool tip" that shows up when I hover of a particular page element?

Thanks
CelesteP

Re: How to validate a tool point

Postby eValid » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:25 pm

CelesteP wrote:Evening.

Sorry for the late posting, but this problem seems to be a "prickly" one.

How can I validate the content of a "tool tip" that shows up when I hover of a particular page element?

Thanks

Thanks for posting CelesteP.

Never too late to asking a forum question.

That is an unusual kind of "popup" that shows how the browser can interact with the desktop.

To validate the content with eValid we recommend using one of these two approaches:

(1) For the element in question, find the element property that contains the message of the "tool tip" and validate that directly in the DOM.

The manual page for this command is here:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... perty.html

(2) The other method, which is more crude, is to have eValid move the cursor to a particular point and have it hover there.

This can be done in Application Mode, which will record the exact pixel position offsets relative to the 0,0 location (the upper left hand corner of the window).

In the recording, you would position the cursor and left-click and hold the button down for a second...that should bring up "tool tip".

Then you can screenshot that display for later validation.

For the record, we strongly like (1) because it will be more reliable.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons