DPerna wrote:Evening (well evening my time zone).
I've got this "seriously dynamic webpage" that I can't get any tests going on at all.
It just keeps dancing around the webpage.
Have you got a way to help me understand what's going on.
hope you can give me some advice.
Thanks for asking DPerna.
Here is something that may help you understand the behavior of a seriously dynamic page:
(1) Start recording on some page and end the recording right away.
All you need is to have a script of some kind.
(2) Put a "Breakpoint" command somein the script.
At the top is OK.
(3) Make sure Detailed timings is turned on and open up the EventLog display.
(4) Start playback and wait until the Pause.
Let eValid stay in Pause'd mode for the moment
(5) The browser is now live and you can watch the EventLog when you do any kind of browser activity.
In particular, you can watch the EventLog record each and every intake of each and every constituent file.
It is also interesting to watch the back and forth as you type individual characters into the Google search input field...you can see how the auto-suggest stuff works.
We use this "trick" -- a trick in the sense that the eValid browser is a live beast when it is playing back, it being only convention that tells you NOT to interfere with playback -- all the time to better understand what is going on with a dynamic page.
-- eValid Support