Highlight in Application command for objects?

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

Highlight in Application command for objects?

Postby PacMan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:06 pm

If I change the object properties within the script, is there an easy way to have eValid highlight the object within the app to verify that the object properties I used work or don't work? I am aware of the "Locate element with mouse click" feature in the PageMap but I need something that will highlight or throw an error based only on the object properties I used in my script.
PacMan

Re: Highlight in Application command for objects?

Postby eValid » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:00 pm

PacMan wrote:If I change the object properties within the script, is there an easy way to have eValid highlight the object within the app to verify that the object properties I used work or don't work? I am aware of the "Locate element with mouse click" feature in the PageMap but I need something that will highlight or throw an error based only on the object properties I used in my script.

There are two questions here.

(1) How do I get eValid to throw an error based on object property value?

What you use is one of the Validation commands. For example if your script uses a ValidateSelectedObjectProperty command if the required value (that is specified in the command) is NOT found, the eValid throws an error flag.

(2) The PageMap feature highlights the element you click on inside the visible browser display -- it briefly flashes a border around the element -- but directly modifying the DOM. By design and intent, that is a transitory feature of the PageMap.

(It is dangerous to modify DOM values, so eValid only does that very minimally and very, very cautiously!)

We have seen some users change the background color or some other attribute of a DOM element to make it visible on the screen. This would be done with an IndexFindElement command (to localize the sourceIndex value to point at the element you want to highlight) and then a ValuePutElement command to modify the current DOM value.

The eValid Team
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons