AJAX Page is updated continuously with feed from my website

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

AJAX Page is updated continuously with feed from my website

Postby ipoints » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:23 pm

My AJAX page is updated continuously with feed from my website. How do you handle that kind of activity?
ipoints

Re: AJAX Page is updated continuously with feed from my website

Postby eValid » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:09 pm

ipoints wrote:My AJAX page is updated continuously with feed from my website. How do you handle that kind of activity?

That is a very common situation -- and it one of the advantages of the AJAX approach.

First, eValid aims to be a friendly test engine, so it does NOT interfere with the operation of your AJAX at all. Even when eValid is playback back a test script that activity does not involve use of the JavaScript thread(s) that are supporting your AJAX activity. So, you can be assured that your
tests of an AJAX page are realistic and representative.

Second, a common problem in testing AJAX applications is to have a test script that knows when it needs to wait until some AJAX-implemented page feature is "ready". eValid does this with from-the-GUI recordings of text synchronizations, or it does it with scripted DOM-based commands. Both of these types of synchronization run in the eValid playback thread, which is separate from the AJAX operation in the browser.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons