How do I check that a script is "self synchronizing"?

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

Postby thisyr » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:25 pm

thisyr

Re: How do I check that a script is "self synchronizing"?

Postby eValid » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:04 pm

thisyr wrote:How do I check that a script is "self synchronizing"?
In eValid terminology, a script is "self synchronizing" when it has the property that it will play back successfully without ANY specific Wait times involved -- including and in particular, when all Wait times are eliminated.

In scripts not involving AJAX this is almost always the natural state of the script, because eValid takes special care to provide synchronization of playback via a number of coordinated internal checks -- much more complicated than waiting for the word "Done" to appear (experts in testing know that this is unreliable).

But for an AJAX application that may not be true unless special care is taken to either record synchronization steps "from life" or by converting commands that are known to de-synchronize into eValid commands like SyncOnSelectedObjProperty, which actively interrogates the current DOM contents until a specific property at a specific page element obtains a specific value.

So, a fully "self synchronizing" script is possible for EVERY kind of web application, including those with complex AJAX interactions.

The way you know it is fully self synchronizing is to run it with the Wait Time Multiplier set to 0. If it works in that condition, your script is a winner!

eValid Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons