The "act, wait, sync" recording process for my AJAX App

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

The "act, wait, sync" recording process for my AJAX App

Postby wdesign » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:31 am

I've been very successful with the "act, wait, sync" recording process for my AJAX application, but can SOME of those sync's be eliminated? How do you know which ones can be deleted? Do they do any harm if I leave them in?
wdesign

Re: The "act, wait, sync" recording process for my AJAX App

Postby eValid » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:21 pm

wdesign wrote:I've been very successful with the "act, wait, sync" recording process for my AJAX application, but can SOME of those sync's be eliminated? How do you know which ones can be deleted? Do they do any harm if I leave them in?
Congratulations! It's great to hear that the simple "act, wait, sync" process works for you.

Yes, if you have the Real Time Recording setting ON, then the time you wait for the AJAX page to stabilize will show up as a Wait statement in your recording. And, yes, sometimes these Waits will introduce unnecessary delay in the playback.

If you can re-record with the Real Time Recording setting OFF, then you won'
t have that problem, but you should be extra careful to make sure you add sync steps in as often as possible. Better too many thank too few.

Or, you can manually edit all of the Waits out.

Or, you can put a ceiling value on them, in settings.

Or, you can multiply every Wait time by the Wait Time Multipler parameter.

All of these work, but the best combination we have found is to use a wait time ceiling of perhaps 2000 msec (2 seconds).

Caution: If you set the Wait Time Multiplier to zero and run the test, you will very likely quickly expose any de-synchronization points in your script! [We often use this as an method to self-synchronize a long script that we recorded from life without having used the AJAX act, wait, sync protocol.]

eValid Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons