An iPhone interfere with the operation of my mobile AJAX app

Applying eValid to AJAX applications that require advanced DOM-based methods.

An iPhone interfere with the operation of my mobile AJAX app

Postby hRene » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:49 pm

Does the fact that you disguise evalid to present itself as an iPhone interfere with the operation of my mobile AJAX app?
hRene

Re: An iPhone interfere with the operation of my mobile AJAX

Postby eValid » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:17 pm

hRene wrote:Does the fact that you disguise evalid to present itself as an iPhone interfere with the operation of my mobile AJAX app?
It should not.

When eValid uses a user-specified user agent string the outbound requests are sensed by the server has having come FROM that type of device. The responses that come back to the eValid browser are the same ones that are sent to the imitated agent.

If your application involves AJAX then that implies there is JavaScript (JScript) executing in the mobile device that interacts with the server (which believs that it is communicating with a mobile device). The only difficulty we know of in such applications is if the actual AJAX code -- the JavaScript passages that implement the asynchronous communication -- have errors. In that case, eValid will show "Script Error" messages in the EventLog, so you will be know when such errors occur.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to AJAX Applications & DOM Processing

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons