Has IE9 as the default browser and also Chrome installed

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Has IE9 as the default browser and also Chrome installed

Postby gBranden » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:59 pm

I am now working on a client that has IE9 as the default browser and also Chrome installed. When I navigate to that page manually via either IE9 or Chrome the page loads with now problems, however when I fire up eValid (now using the default IE9 browser) the page fails with an 'object not supported' error. This also happens when I set eValid to start as a Chrome agent.

I have checked with our architect and he reckons eValid is not coming through as the right browser in this instance as they have code to detect IE9 or whatever and then send the xml in a different format. I have tested this theory by browsing to http://www.useragentstring.com after starting eValid and according to that it is definitely connecting as IE9 or whatever I command eValid to start up as.

So could you please explain to me again how this mechanism works as I need to argue this statement in the upcoming debate tommorrow with the architect.
gBranden

Re: Has IE9 as the default browser and also Chrome installed

Postby eValid » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:41 pm

We have seen that it appears that Chrome dislikes IE...another way of saying that Google dislikes Microsoft. We too have noted strange behaviors when eValid navigates to sites wearing the dress of Chrome.

The JavaScript inside IE and inside Chrome is largely equivalent, but there ARE features in the Chrome version that allow a site to detect if it is truly Chrome and not IE.

Remember last year when Google/Chrome was bragging about how fast their JS was...and Microsoft/IE responded -- very well we think -- by beefing up IE's JS to match Chrome's performance.

"We are not a large enough company to have any chance to insist that Google and Microsoft coordinate to make the JavaScript engines in their respective browsers co-compliant with the standard."

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons