Can I use eValid to find out why my pages are loading slowly

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Can I use eValid to find out why my pages are loading slowly

Postby Allenc » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Can I use eValid to find out why my pages are loading slowly?
Allenc

Re: Can I use eValid to find out why my pages are loading sl

Postby eValid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:11 pm

Allenc wrote:Can I use eValid to find out why my pages are loading slowly?
Yes, from the client perspective eValid can measure what parts of a page are loading at what rates?

When you navigate to a page, eValid, as does any browser, launces multiple threads to get the various page components.

However, eValid is different in that we wrap a timer check around each page component download. This timer check, which has very low overhead, reads the system time and the total byte count for each component right after it has finished the download. It's HTTP, so that the page pieces (packets) may arrive any order for the browser to reassemble into what you as a user see.

So, with eValid's detailed timing feature turned ON, you get a list of the page components, how long they took to download and how big they are.

All you have to do now is figure out which of the larger and slower pieces are the candidates for speedup processing. Usually it is graphic images or it may in some cases be lengthy JavaScript files that cause the problem.

For big and slow images, you would make them smaller and faster. Or split them up into pieces.

For large JavaScript files you would put the loading at the end of the page, so those downloads don't impede user interactivity.

eValid Support
eValid

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons