Is eValid suitable for testing non-Web based applications

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Is eValid suitable for testing non-Web based applications

Postby newmarch » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:16 pm

I want to do regression testing of Microsoft Access MDE/MDB files runnning against an SQL Server database.

Is eValid a suitable tool to do this? It seems eValid is totally focused on testing Web based applications/sites and thus it is unlikely from my initial reading of the documentation. Comments?
newmarch

Re: Is eValid suitable for testing non-Web based applications

Postby eValid » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:51 pm

newmarch wrote:I want to do regression testing of Microsoft Access MDE/MDB files runnning against an SQL Server database.

Is eValid a suitable tool to do this? It seems eValid is totally focused on testing Web based applications/sites and thus it is unlikely from my initial reading of the documentation. Comments?

As you point out, eValid is optimized for testing web browser enabled applications, and you are correct, if you have a desktop-oriented application then eValid may not be the best fit.

Yet, eValid has desktop functionality because, as you may be aware, many web applications have some form of desktop interactivity. So it is natural to have some support for that kind of thing in eValid.

The facility provided for desktop application support inside eValid is powerful and capable of handling those kinds of desktop processes that are necessary in support of a web application.

Some eValid users who are testing database systems have found that it is very convenient to build a simple web face to ther database and then use that interface page as the "test point" for their QA work. This kind of approach lets you do very powerful input/output and validation work on the intermediate page -- and thereby take advantage of eValid's best capabilities.

--The eValid Team
eValid

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons