Make a reservation online, what does eValid suggest?

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Make a reservation online, what does eValid suggest?

Postby KobeLon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:31 pm

Today I was trying to make a reservation on (name withheld) Airlines and when I said "Buy" the website complained that my frequent flyer number was wrong. I retyped it -- four times -- and since this was the IE browser I tried the Chrome browser and it was STILL failing. What does eValid suggest?
KobeLon

Re: Make a reservation online, what does eValid suggest?

Postby eValid » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 pm

We have seen this happen before...and the assumption here is that you are asking about an eValid recording that doesn't play back successfully.

In some cases we have noted that you need to have a blank character in front of the character string that you type into an input field that is handled by a JavaScript passage. (This seems never to be an issue with input fields handled with conventional FORM type HTML passages.)

It's a JavaScript processing error, in the one case we analyzed.

But as a tester you can't insisted that the website be fixed to meet the needs of your test.

So what we did to overcome the limitation was to use eValid DOM manipulation commands to insert the correct value -- WITH the required leading blank -- into the specific DOM element where it was supposed to go. After that the test worked perfectly.

eValid Technology
eValid

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons