Need help recording a mouse click on the pull down menu

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Need help recording a mouse click on the pull down menu

Postby JTyler » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Afternoon. Happy Friday!

I'm having trouble getting a recording on my web application, which is a home-built application done entirely at the PHP level.

How do I record mouse clicks on a pull down menu structure?

Thanks
JTyler

Re: Need help recording a mouse click on the pull down menu

Postby eValid » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:42 am

Hey JTyler.

First, how the page is built -- in your case, home-made in PHP code -- only affects how the HTML delivered to the browser is constructucted.

What's important is what is in the browser.

Admittedly, we have seen some very strange constructions done by "home brew" methods. Most websites use the standard LAMP stack and all of the effects in the page are the result of editing the HTML (either manually or using one of many HTML editors).

Here is a simple chart showing the transition between normal eValid recording and the various "special modes" that are available;

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... modes.html

As you can see from the chart, there are five independent ways to divert eValid from normal recording mode...which uses a built-in set of default actions to try to capture a script line that will play back correctly.

For MouseClicks to record reliably we believe that F11 is the best choice. F11 toggles on/off, and you get a message on the bottom of the eValid browser that shows you when that state change happens.

As with any test recording process "your mileage will vary"...and we encourage you to experiment to find the right method that successfully records YOUR application.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons