Using eValid on Windows 7 64-bit OS

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Using eValid on Windows 7 64-bit OS

Postby SheliaR » Tue May 06, 2014 8:34 am

Morning.

I have a fresh copy of eValid installed on my Windows 7 64-bit environment and it doesn't browse my pages correctly.

They look wierd and some pulldowns don't work.

Any ideas?
SheliaR

Re: Using eValid on Windows 7 64-bit OS

Postby eValid » Wed May 07, 2014 11:09 am

SheliaR wrote:Morning.

I have a fresh copy of eValid installed on my Windows 7 64-bit environment and it doesn't browse my pages correctly.

They look wierd and some pulldowns don't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks or asking SheilaR.

That is not much to go on but we suspect that what you are seeing has nothing to do with the environment, and more to do with your application.

The most common cause of "your browser doesn't work" complaint is that the underlying page has JavaScript errors.

Being a quality assurance engine, eValid actually will TRAP JavaScript errors rather than ignoring them.

Here is a description of how this works:

http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Documen ... rrors.html

Note that when you see this kind of message, eValid gives you the line number, character offset, and result code -- data needed in debugging your JavaScript.

We recommend that you try the browser out on SEVERAL different pages...and convince yourself that eValid is OK on them, and not on the subject page.

The prescription is simple: Get the JavaScript error corrected and the page will work correctly.

The specific reason why eValid does this are explained on the page, but they boil down to "...we thought you ought to know...".

--eValid Support
eValid

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons