Can eValid do this ...

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Can eValid do this ...

Postby SheilaS » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:48 pm

Evening all:

Does eValid got a way for me to look up and study a list of street addresses, like I want to type these into a Zillow search, but I want to study each address for a while and then go on to the next site on my list.

Can eValid do it?

Thanks
SheilaS

Re: Can eValid do this ...

Postby eValid » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:31 pm

SheilaS wrote:Evening all:

Does eValid got a way for me to look up and study a list of street addresses, like I want to type these into a Zillow search, but I want to study each address for a while and then go on to the next site on my list.

Can eValid do it?

Thanks

Thanks for posting SheilaS.

?Can we do it? Yes we can?? With thanks to "Bob the builder."

First, make your list of target search strings.

Set up your script to take you to the next item on your your list. That is, make the search string a parameter.

Set up Data Synthesis using your list as the driver. Here is the page in the manual:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... .data.html

Be sure to put a Breakpoint command in your script right after the search is completed and before you take the next action.

When eValid plays this script, with the parameter for the search string filled by the Data Synthesis step, it will pause (take a Breakpoint) at the indicated place and let you browse away...

Remember, when eValid is paused it remains an active browser. So you can do any investigation you want at this point.

When you click Play again eValid will pick up where you left off, not matter if you are on the same site or not...

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons