Need more input regarding EPI

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Need more input regarding EPI

Postby ThomasJ » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:43 am

Morning.

I saw the subject about this powerful feature from reading other forum posts on this topic.

I'd like to ask, do the commands that are supported fall into any classes in particular.

Thanks
ThomasJ

Re: Need more input regarding EPI

Postby eValid » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:19 pm

ThomasJ wrote:Morning.

I saw the subject about this powerful feature from reading other forum posts on this topic.

I'd like to ask, do the commands that are supported fall into any classes in particular.

Thanks

Thanks for asking ThomasJ.

Yes, there are three classes of commands available in the eValid programmatic interface (EPI) and they correspond 99% with the structure of eValid commands in general.

Here is a general description of the EPI feature:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... mmary.html

Here is one classification of the available commands:

(1) Commands that affect the environment. That is, which affect the context of the EPI execution space.

(2) Regular browsing and user-input commands, e.g. GotoLink.

These commands cause the eValid browser under EPI control to do basic operations, such as those which would be caused by the user navigating, typing, clicking, etc.

(3) DOM manipulation commands, which have special access methods provided, as described here:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... rface.html

These commands let you manipulate the DOM of the page that is currently showing in the browser.

CAUTION: You can do some strange and not-very-useful things with this capability, including mess up the page entirely.

Care is advised!

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons