Playbacks without using the DOM sync tricks

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Playbacks without using the DOM sync tricks

Postby JerryF » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Afternoon.

I've done some searching on your forum.

Saw a lot posts using your DOM sync trick, but I didn't see any answer to the following:

How can I achieve playback synchronization without using some fancy DOM synchronization trick?

Thanks
JerryF

Re: Playbacks without using the DOM sync tricks

Postby eValid » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:08 pm

JerryF wrote:Afternoon.

I've done some searching on your forum.

Saw a lot posts using your DOM sync trick, but I didn't see any answer to the following:

How can I achieve playback synchronization without using some fancy DOM synchronization trick?

Thanks

Fair question, but unfortunately there are no simple answers JerryF.

(1) You can avoid use of active DOM synchronization by employing Wait and Delay commands in your script.

Wait NNN waits NNN milliseconds (msec), subject to multiplication by the wait time multiplier.

See the manual page for controlling the wait time multiplier:

http://www.evalid.us/Products/Documenta ... yback.html

(2) To avoid the interaction of wait times with the wait time multiplier, you can replace all Wait NNN commands with Delay NNN commands.

The Delay command will NOT be affected by any of the settings that may affect the Wait timings.

Fair warning on both of these solutions: Regardless of how big you make the delays there is ALWAYS the chance that the wait time is not quite large enough and yuu will see a test FAIL.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons