Can eValid measure other aspects of performance besides data

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Can eValid measure other aspects of performance besides data

Postby WLargo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:00 pm

Afternoon.

Can eValid measure performance features other than data you posted about before in other areas of this forum board?

What I mean is ..

I want to know how long it takes for a specific element of my page to show up on the browser.

Thanks
WLargo

Re: Can eValid measure other aspects of performance besides

Postby eValid » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:25 pm

WLargo wrote:Afternoon.

Can eValid measure performance features other than data you posted about before in other areas of this forum board?

What I mean is ..

I want to know how long it takes for a specific element of my page to show up on the browser.

Thanks

Thanks for asking WLargo.

You're probably referring to the SaveRecord command, which can record various times about the current page behavior:

http://e-valid.com/Products/Documentati ... ecord.html

But, yes, indeed, you may have a requirement for more detail and eValid can certainly do that.

Let's assume that you have the DOM index already identified, and that you know the property value you want to time.

The way your script will look is something like this:

...whatever setup work you need to do...
ResetTimer
SyncOnSelectedObjProperty ...parameters...
SaveRecord FILE %f

You have to fill in the parameters for the synchronization command, and then the SaveRecord command will output the elapsed time since the last ResetTimer command.

That value then will be, in milliseconds, the time it took to complete the synchronization.

Let us know if you need help on this kind of thing.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons