Problem in pop-up box recording.

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Problem in pop-up box recording.

Postby mssl » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi All,

I am new eValid user. Basically i tried some testing using evalid tool. I have a problem in validating a text field entry.

Scenario
1. Logging into a webpage.
2. Clicking a link in sidepane.
3. Now in the right side, i selected a particular tab.
4. In the selected tab, there is a text field where I can give only numbers less than 32.
5. I tried 33, there was pop-up saying me your input should be less than 32.
6. I clicked Ok in the pop-up box.
Here I stopped the recording. But when I played back, only till step 3 execution was happening. But the status colours green which meant success.

Can someone help plz.

PS: I tried application mode.

Code as below
ProjectID "Project"
GroupID "test3"
TestID "L3_new.evs"
LogID "AUTO"

ScreenSize 1024 768
FontSize 1
DeleteCache
DeleteCookies
GotoLink 0 "http://10.10.0.1/" ""
Wait 1000
InputValue 0 29 "TEXT" "" "Login" "test" "" ""
Wait 1391
InputValue 0 32 "TEXT" "" "Password" "test123" "" ""
SubmitClick 0 34 "" "submit" "Login" "" NAV
# Application Mode ON
Wait 1000
ElementMouseUp 0 192 "img_TreeId6" "" "number:6"
ElementClick 0 192 18 231 "img_TreeId6" "" "number:6" NAV
Wait 2984
ElementMouseUp 0 250 "" "BGP" "number:6"
FollowLink 0 250 "BGP" "http://202.144.0.1/iss/bgp_globalconf.html?Gambit=edadkdgdhdddjdhdkdchpg" \
"pgehkdbgegngjgogbdcddd" "number:6"
Wait 1000
FollowLink 0 27 "Filters" "javascript:void(0)" "number:4"
Wait 1000
ElementBlur 0 20 "" "" "number:7"
Wait 1000
ElementBlur 0 48 "" "" "number:7"
Wait 718
ElementBlur 0 52 "" "" "number:7"
Wait 1782
# Recording stopped at: <2010/09/08 10:03:43>
mssl

Re: Problem in pop-up box recording.

Postby eValid » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:46 pm

mssl wrote:Hi All,
I am new eValid user. Basically i tried some testing using evalid tool. I have a problem in validating a text field entry.

Scenario
1. Logging into a webpage.
2. Clicking a link in sidepane.
3. Now in the right side, i selected a particular tab.
4. In the selected tab, there is a text field where I can give only numbers less than 32.
5. I tried 33, there was pop-up saying me your input should be less than 32.
6. I clicked Ok in the pop-up box.
Here I stopped the recording. But when I played back, only till step 3 execution was happening. But the status colours green which meant success.

Can someone help plz.

PS: I tried application mode.

Code as below
ProjectID "Project"
GroupID "test3"
TestID "L3_new.evs"
LogID "AUTO"

ScreenSize 1024 768
FontSize 1
DeleteCache
DeleteCookies
GotoLink 0 "http://10.10.0.1/" ""
Wait 1000
InputValue 0 29 "TEXT" "" "Login" "test" "" ""
Wait 1391
InputValue 0 32 "TEXT" "" "Password" "test123" "" ""
SubmitClick 0 34 "" "submit" "Login" "" NAV
# Application Mode ON
Wait 1000
ElementMouseUp 0 192 "img_TreeId6" "" "number:6"
ElementClick 0 192 18 231 "img_TreeId6" "" "number:6" NAV
Wait 2984
ElementMouseUp 0 250 "" "BGP" "number:6"
FollowLink 0 250 "BGP" "http://202.144.0.1/iss/bgp_globalconf.html?Gambit=edadkdgdhdddjdhdkdchpg" \
"pgehkdbgegngjgogbdcddd" "number:6"
Wait 1000
FollowLink 0 27 "Filters" "javascript:void(0)" "number:4"
Wait 1000
ElementBlur 0 20 "" "" "number:7"
Wait 1000
Wait 718
ElementBlur 0 52 "" "" "number:7"
Wait 1782
# Recording stopped at: <2010/09/08 10:03:43>

eValid has numerous approaches for the handling of "validating a text field entry" and they will vary depending on the webpage's context/types, events, and corresponding actions. i.e. HTML, AJAX, Windows Applications, type of pop-ups, etc.

Based just on your provided "L3_new.evs" scenario, I hope that it is safe to assume that your step 4 and step 5 actions trigger some sort of MODAL dialog POP-UP or ?

If input into a text field generates a MODAL type box, then eValid needs to have added "ModalDialog..." type script commands added.

Please see the following user manual pages, so that you can become familiar with how eValid needs to be scripted to handle such events/actions:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documentation.9/Technical/script.html#ModalDialogEnter

and

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documentation.9/Testing/modal.hints.html

Without the above scripted "ModalDialog..." instances and depending on the behaviors, eValid's default enabled "Suppress modal pop-ups" settings will probably automatically dismiss the pop-up and verification of such is logged into the playback events, L3_new-E.log file.

If you choose to record a script which interacts with the MODAL pop-ups, then please add the necessary eValid action script commands and remember to DISABLE your "Suppress..." settings and/or apply eValid's "PlayValue _PS 0" to override your GUI registry for the particular playback instance only.

I hope this helps you to better understand eValid's results within your posed scenario. Also, "the status colours green which meant success" just confirms that eValid played back exactly every scripted command correctly. i.e. what was recorded was played back...

Here's some more immediate thoughts and suggestions:

Now, if you visually do NOT get the desired outcomes, then we must start with the following, especially, if you do not atleast see eValid triggering the MODAL...

-What type of "selected tab" element are we dealing with?

-Are the scripted commands complete or ? i.e. for every action taken during recording, an equivalent script command needs to be inserted into the .evs file...

-Perhaps alternative "Advanced Record Modes" are necessary?

-Perhaps alternative "Index Motion" equivalent sequences need to be manually scripted in?

Is there anyway for you to provide us with access to this website from our end?

eValid Support
eValid

Postby mssl » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:41 am

I have already disabled Supress Modaldialog box. After finsishing my recording the generated code doesn't have any clue of ModalDialog box.

My version of eValid is being installed in a lab system and therefore we are unable to connect it to Internet.

I will explain my requirement scenario better.

1. There is a text box in which only numbers should be displayed. If I enter a pop-up box is diplayed

2.All I require is, I need to click ok in the popping up box, at the same time my script should set a flag value in such a way it records whether the pop-up box occured or not.
mssl

Postby eValid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:38 pm

mssl wrote:I have already disabled Supress Modaldialog box. After finsishing my recording the generated code doesn't have any clue of ModalDialog box.

My version of eValid is being installed in a lab system and therefore we are unable to connect it to Internet.

I will explain my requirement scenario better.

1. There is a text box in which only numbers should be displayed. If I enter a pop-up box is diplayed

2.All I require is, I need to click ok in the popping up box, at the same time my script should set a flag value in such a way it records whether the pop-up box occured or not.

Thanks for posting again. We hope to be able to give you enough information to solve your problem, but this is made more difficult because you don't have a public site that our team can try out.

If you check the settings area in eValid you'll see that there are three different types of Modal Dialogs (Modal Pop-Ups) that can be suppressed.

In most modal popups, for example, you get the option to type press RETURN or maybe to click "OK" on the popup.

The modal you are dealing with happens when you get a response from typing an out of character-class byte (e.g. an alphabetic byte into a field that is guarded by a JavaScript scan that is enforcing a numeric-input-only policy), but it isn't clear if it is cleared with a RETURN, requires a click on OK, or requires some other action.

The suppression action possible is to enter a RETURN, to click on the OK (assuming it is the only input area on the modal).

You will need to experiment with combinations to see which type of modal you have.

The recommendation to confirm that your numeric-only guard is working is to allow the modal to be suppressed and then to confirm that it was suppressed by reviewing the eValid EventLog for that run. There always is a record written when a modal is suppressed.

However, if you want to allow the model to appear then turn off all of the auto-suppression options and handle the modal using the special commands for them located in the Script Window.

Here are the manual pages that apply:

http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Documentation.9/Testing/modal.hints.html

http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Support/Scripts/Examples/modal.login.html

A final alternative is to provide us with an example page that uses the same methods used in your inaccessible actual application. We'll be pleased to record the script that handles whatever actions
you wish.

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons