Problem in Recording - Inputs given in textbox not recorded

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Problem in Recording - Inputs given in textbox not recorded

Postby mssl » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:14 am

Hi All

In a web page, we have some text box. While recording, we are giving some inputs eg..characters or numbers, these inputs are not getting recorded. Sometimes it records some of the input textbox, while the other time it misses everything.

We have tried Absolutemouseover option also. To my earlier pop-up box recording issue, you have requested access to the site which i am recording. As mentioned earlier, the eValid is installed in one our lab system, the application we are testing can be accessed only in intranet.

We are ready for an WebEx session which will help you to understand the scenario better.

Please schedule this session on or after 21 Sep 2010.

Regards,
M S Sankar.
mssl

Re: Problem in Recording - Inputs given in textbox not recorded

Postby eValid » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:22 pm

mssl wrote:Hi All

In a web page, we have some text box. While recording, we are giving some inputs eg..characters or numbers, these inputs are not getting recorded. Sometimes it records some of the input textbox, while the other time it misses everything.

We have tried Absolutemouseover option also. To my earlier pop-up box recording issue, you have requested access to the site which i am recording. As mentioned earlier, the eValid is installed in one our lab system, the application we are testing can be accessed only in intranet.

We are ready for an WebEx session which will help you to understand the scenario better.

Please schedule this session on or after 21 Sep 2010.

Regards,
M S Sankar.

We completed the webinar and we are pleased to report that we were able to use the eValid structural commands (the index/motion commands) to feed data into that input field.

As you are aware, there are many ways to use JavaScript to monitor the contents of an input field, which appears like an ordinary HTML FORM element
input area, but actually is more complicated.

Also, you need to appreciate that eValid cannot know in advance what the form of the JavaScript is that supports stripping characters off such a form. Not knowing the algorithm that is used means either that an implemented method for extracting the keys will never by universal -- which is not desirable at all in a general purpose product like eValid.

Or it means that we have found a way to solve a recursively undecidable problem -- what does this [JavaScript] program actually DO, but you can't see the code...you have to guess. And no, we haven't got THAT capability.

The particular form element you have is a pretty complicated one, but the good news is that we were able to find a sequence of commands that accomplished the result you wanted.

The eValid Team
eValid

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons