* Transactions monitored will be internal?
No problem, eValid can run on your local Windows PCs.
* Software based transaction monitoring?
* Maintain in redirects, pop-ups and transition pages?
Yes, all automatically done because eValid is actually
a browser so that kind of stuff is automatic.
* Has record/playback function?
* Allow for blackouts with expected/unexpected outage SLA?
No clear what you mean, but see below about scheduling.
* Allow monitor scheduling?
For scheduling eValid actions (e.g. for monitoring) the best solution is
to use the powerful Windows scheduling system, as described here: http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Documen ... duler.html
* XML, HTTPS, Java, ActiveX, API, etc?
Yes, if you can browse it you can monitor it...
* Integrate with XML, HTTPS, Java, ActiveX, API, etc?
* Send/Receive Notification via email, SMS, SNMP trap?
Yes, this can be done with built in commands.
* Ports reporting?
Unclear what you mean, but eValid presents itself to your server
as "just another user."
* Reporting feature (auto generated or manually)?
eValid playbacks feed into the EventLog.
Here is a page that describes the columns in eValid EventLog files
(the same format is used in all of the other log files): http://www.e-Valid.com/Products/Documen ... rmats.html
Monitoring mode interfaces are available for Nagios, Hyperic, Groundwork,
Here is a set of PERL scripts that interface eValid to the
Nagios system: http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... agios.html
* Function on Virtual Server Windows?
Yes, no problem.
* Handle SQL/DB2 connections in monitored transactions?
Yes, if that is part of the browser based activiity
* Licensing cost based on per server, out-of-the-box, per step, etc?
The Application Monitoring Bundle (AMB, Master Station) is used to
create and prove out scripts. The AMB Playback Agent does the
playbacks on a separate machine from the same scripts. Typical
configurations for our customers are $3K-9K.
* Provides a GUI interface?
* Works on AIX, Unix, SUN HPUX, or Windows?