Complains about a syntax error

General discussion about eValid, its characteristis and applications.

Complains about a syntax error

Postby wilsonm » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:14 pm

I recorded a script and then edited it but now I see that eValid complains about a syntax error. Will my script still run?
wilsonm

Re: Complains about a syntax error

Postby eValid » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:57 pm

wilsonm wrote:I recorded a script and then edited it but now I see that eValid complains about a syntax error. Will my script still run?
Yes it will still run, but any command (or commands) that have syntax will not be run. The message will show up in the Script Window, and you can fix the error right there if you wish.

eValid actually scans a script before starting playback. It catches syntax errors at the pre-scan stage, and only puts the command into the post-scan internal format (which actually drives the execution) if the syntax is found to be acceptable. That process results in two benefits: (1) the playback engine pretty much can assume that the commands it is executing are meaningful (at least, they don't have syntax errors); and, (2) the playback process is very fast (that is, it uses a very small percentage of CPU time to do the job).

The BEST thing to do, however, is to correct ALL syntax errors BEFORE starting playback.

eValid Testing Support
eValid

Return to General Solution Topics

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons