Seeking more help than what I can find in the documentation

All aspects of eValid product installation and licensing.

Seeking more help than what I can find in the documentation

Postby MWalters » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi evalid Team!

I have been reading up on some of the DOM manipulation commands.

I did use them in a couple of my scripts and they seem to have improved their reliability.

I need to become more familiar on how to use the page map to most reliably identify elements that I can sync-up on.

Once I get a couple of real-world, working examples figured out I'll be able to replicate the process more quickly.

The examples on your documentation pages and forums are using generalizations that make it hard to figure out which values from the PageMap I should be selecting for inclusion in my DOM manipulation commands.

Do you have any advice?
MWalters

Re: Seeking more help than what I can find in the documentat

Postby eValid » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:52 pm

MWalters wrote:Hi evalid Team!

I have been reading up on some of the DOM manipulation commands.

I did use them in a couple of my scripts and they seem to have improved their reliability.

I need to become more familiar on how to use the page map to most reliably identify elements that I can sync-up on.

Once I get a couple of real-world, working examples figured out I'll be able to replicate the process more quickly.

The examples on your documentation pages and forums are using generalizations that make it hard to figure out which values from the PageMap I should be selecting for inclusion in my DOM manipulation commands.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks for asking MWalters.

Yes the examples in the documentation are "generic" because, after all, they are supposed to be instructional.

We have found an enormous variation in how web pages are constructed, but we have also found that in most cases all of the pages of a website are generally composed by the same set of rules.

At least this is true for major sections of big websites.

The point is, that once you find how one page is organized, it becomes much easier to see how to handle synchronization and other matters in pages "from the same hand," so to speak.

You may find these examples of "before and after" illustrative:

http://www.e-valid.com/Products/Documen ... .sync.html

If you do want us to help we can do that but we we need the starting URL, full access credentials, and a simple statement of the testing objective.

We fully understand how difficult getting permissions for this kind of access is to obtain.

-- eValid Support
eValid

Return to Product Installation, Licensing & Support

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons