When eValid is set with a UserAgentString that I choose?

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

When eValid is set with a UserAgentString that I choose?

Postby Ramond » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:39 pm

When eValid is set with a UserAgentString that I choose, is eValid doing an emulation, a simulation, an imitation or what?
Ramond

Re: When eValid is set with a UserAgentString that I choose?

Postby eValid » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Ramond wrote:When eValid is set with a UserAgentString that I choose, is eValid doing an emulation, a simulation, an imitation or what?
Very good question. Thanks for asking!

The one thing about which there is zero ambiguity is that the server is sending data to eValid under the assumption (that eValid has supported) that it is a particular device. That is certain.

The data sent, the response times, the download volume, and the actual content of all of the material that is sent to eValid is exactly what would be sent to an actual instance of the device that eValid is "behaving like."

Except, of course, that eValid is NOT that device so it's rendering is done with the IE version it currently is using.

Now, is that emulation, simulation, imitation, cloaking, disguising, pretending, or what?

OK, if we have to pick one word to describe what eValid is doing it would have to be imitating. But now you know the facts, so what do YOU think is the best description?

eValid Technology Group
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons