Compare eValid With WatIN

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

Compare eValid With WatIN

Postby winreg » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:40 pm

Hey eValid! I asked this on the Microsoft CUIT forum, so I'll ask you guys too: How do you compare eValid with WatIN?
winreg

Re: Compare eValid With WatIN

Postby eValid » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:05 am

winreg wrote:Hey eValid! I asked this on the Microsoft CUIT forum, so I'll ask you guys too: How do you compare eValid with WatIN?

There are major differerences between eValid and both the WatIN system and VS2010's new CUIT system. It's probably beyond the scope of a simple forum post to enumerate them all; you probably have to try them out and see for yourself.

However, here are some major features that eValid has that do not appear to be available in any other web testing system, including the two you have asked about:

* True in-browser operation. eValid really IS a browser, and when you run a test the result is identical to what a real user does.

* Good scaling for server loading and monitoring. You can run 100's of eValid Browser Users (BUs) in a server loading run, and when set up correctly you can get 1,000's of BUs from a single driver machine.

* Accurate timing. The internal timers, used to measure intermediate script playback events, are very accurate (1 msec resolution) and run with very low overhead, less than 1 part in 1000 error due to system overhead (99.9 % accurate).

* Full AJAX support. eValid supports AJAX with built-in page synchronization, with GUI-generated AJAX page sync add ins, and with a variety of DOM-based synchronization commands that can overcome the risk of AJAX tests becoming de-synchronized with very high certainty.

* Simplified GUI and scripting. The eValid engine runs from a GUI and the script language is very simple, but still has a wide range of error detection and reporting facilities.

Hope this gets you started in the right direction.

The eValid Team
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons