Can eValid do what they do and if not what is missing?

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

Can eValid do what they do and if not what is missing?

Postby Ezekielp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:06 pm

My buddies are pushing me in the WebDriver/Selenium direction, but I don't want to do all that programming. Can eValid do what they do and if not what is missing?
Ezekielp

Re: Can eValid do what they do and if not what is missing?

Postby eValid » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:08 pm

We're very fimiliar with Selenium, WATIR, and more recently with WebDriver and all of the associated developments. We've been following them for years.

As far as we have found, everything you can do with any of these products can also be done with eValid.

Very often, the eValid script that corresponds to one of the "programs" that these systems need is a tiny fraction of the size, and a [we believe] a tiny fraction of the inherent complexity.

Why this is so is due to the fact that eValid is a command-interpretive test engine embedded in the browser. The commands in eValid each would require multiple programming language instructions, or lines of code -- how many more varies with the command being handled. We have some cases in which the eValid script is
N lines and the corresponding equivalent-behavior JavaScript passage is 10X or 100X as large.

The credit for this goes to the eValid engineering team: they followed the old "keep in simple" rule and focused the command set in eValid on what was necessary and sufficient (yes, the old mathematical phrase) to get the job done.

eValid Technology
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons