If my web page has dynamic content can eValid still test it

Discussion of the technology underlying the eValid solution.

If my web page has dynamic content can eValid still test it

Postby amZion » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 pm

If my web page has dynamic content, can eValid still test it? How?
amZion

Re: If my web page has dynamic content can eValid still test

Postby eValid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 am

Yes, eValid can.

When you say "dynamic content" there could be two meanings: AJAX activity that updates the page based on internal page programming, or non-AJAX changes due to the fact that the page is updated.

For the AJAX case, when you expect the content to change, you may need to take special care in making a test recording (for example, be sure to put in a synchronizing step BEFORE you take an action), or you may need to add special synchronization commands based on de-synchronizations that you observe in test playbacks.

When a pages changes due to maintenance then any changes that any validation steps detect are the product you are looking for. Remember, eValid is a regression testing engine.

However, changes that you don't validate for don't count, and if a page changes content but does not change structure, it is likely that your test will PASS even when there are dynamic changes in the page.

If you want to detect changes, you will have to validatee facts of some kind about the page so that those tests at playback time will FAIL.

eValid Regression Testing
eValid

Return to Technology

Design Downloaded from free phpBB templates | free website templates | Free Web Buttons